CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 13, 2008

Saving ALOT of Money With Coupons!!

When I first say the word "coupon" you're probably thinking "It is such a pain to clip these coupons everyweek and only save 25 cents!!" Am I right? I'm going to tell you a way that you will get tons of free products by clipping these 25 cent coupons.
Every Saturday the Sunday paper is delivered to you're local grocery stores.(doesn't make sense I know!!) I usually go Saturday evening and get one paper. (I know I have alot of Utah readers, so let me warn you, in Utah you can only buy the Sunday newspaper on Sunday, in Texas the newspaper are for sale until they run out.) The cost is $2.00 per paper, but in most (big) towns they will give you the option of buying two papers for $3.00 (our first savings!!) So anyways, check out the coupons and see if there are any coupons for 1.items you purchase the most. 2. Those "luxery" items that you can't always afford to buy but love when they are in your house. (like fruit snacks, toaster struddles, Lucky Charms etc.). If I really like the coupons I will buy 6-10 papers, clip the coupons,organize them and wait for the sales. Alot of times there will be some coupons for free stuff, so look for these also. The biggest way to save is at Albertsons and Kroger.(Smiths) Theses stores will double a coupon that is worth up to 50 cents, and triple a coupon that is up to 35 cents. So in most cases if a product is $1.00 you can actually get it for free!! So on Saturday go buy your newspaper and start your collection!! I will also do this and post the best deals I find both in price matching and using your coupons. I'm really excited for this blog, because I love to justify buying a ton of food and not paying hardly anything for it!!

5 comments:

Tevita and Jodi said...

Jamie,
Does the Walmart in Utah do this?Can I use more than one coupon for the same thing here?

Heather said...

You asked for the phone numbers to the stores I got ads for on Friday.
Here they are:
Sprouts Farmers Market (972)618-8902 www.sprouts.com
Market Street (972)548-5140
www.marketstreetunited.com

Heather said...

Went ad shopping at Walmart on Friday for the first time. I don't know exactly how much we saved, but I know it was at least $20!

The Vakautakakala's said...

Jodi, Yes Wal-Mart's nation wide price match!! YEAH!!
Heather, Good job!! It feels so good to save money, huh?

Melissa said...

I always hear of people saving money with coupons and I think I out to try. What did you mean when you said they double or triple the coupon? Do you ask, or do you bring in two or three coupons?